This training programme is designed to equip leading practitioners with coaching skills, tools and resources to support colleagues in setting goals to improve pupil outcomes, and provide non-judgemental and developmental feedback to help them achieve these.
Pedagogical Coaching is based on a partnership of equals where the goals are co-decided. It is dialogic, developmental and happens in an ongoing cyclical manner.
Participants will be supported to create a vision for coaching in their setting and will be prepared to implement this with supporting tools and resources.
Book this training to:
- Cultivate a Pedagogical Coaching culture in your school based on leading research and best international practice
- Prepare mentors for the implementation of the Early Career Framework
- Improve outcomes for pupils, particularly the most disadvantaged, through effective teacher development
- Provide opportunities for experienced practitioners to share their expertise, supporting the development of others and themselves
Who should take part?
This training is designed for existing and aspiring mentors, middle leaders, or lead practitioners in schools with recognised expertise in teaching and learning. Previous participants include: Subject and Phase Leads, Literacy and Numeracy Leads, Upper Pay Scale Staff, Assistant Headteachers, Lead Practitioners, Mentors.
What will we cover?
- Overview of principles of Pedagogical Coaching and its place in the wider context of professional development
- Skills required for Pedagogical Coaching
- Tools and resources to implement a Pedagogical Coaching approach
- Structuring and implementing a Pedagogical Coaching approach
- Evaluating the impact of Pedagogical Coaching.
TDT Network member schools – £3500*
Non-member schools – £4000*
Who are the course leaders?
The course is led and facilitated by our School Programme Leader, Bethan Hindley and supported by our central team.
Bethan Hindley is Training Programme Lead for Teacher Development Trust. A Teach First Ambassador with experience of both UK and overseas teaching and leadership, she supports the trust as an expert advisor and course content creator. She sits on the CollectivED advisory board and has published in SecEd, Tes, and the Chartered College International Teacher CPD Report.
“I noticed improvement in communication with colleagues in my department after just the first session, I would definitely recommend this training”
* TDT will train up to 8 participants in your school