|For||Those who are or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school or cross-trust level responsibilities|
|Study Time||60hrs online study; four 4hr in-person sessions; four 1.5hr national seminars; nine 1.5hr local seminars; four 1.5hr case studies|
|Programme Start Options||October 2022 or February 2023|
|Cost||Fully Funded for all staff in state-funded schools and state-funded organisations that offer 16 to 19 places in England |
£1,149 for all others – more information here
Lead successful whole school improvement and change
A completely updated NPQSL for those who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school or cross-trust responsibilities
- Gain a nationally recognised, prestigious, government-backed qualification and make progress in your career
- Strengthen your expertise as a senior leader, helping you to support a culture where pupils and staff can thrive, learning how to bring staff with you on the journey
- Learn flexibly around your job with a blend of online learning, virtual sessions and local face to face workshops
Benefits for you
- Develop knowledge and understanding of how to apply the evidence on school improvement through people development, learning how to lead everything from whole school programmes to specialist areas
- A blended learning experience which fits around your role where you learn and discuss key content online delivered in a way that suits the busy working lives of early years practitioners
- Local virtual and face to face sessions that focus on real problem-solving, creating understanding, connecting with your peers and gaining depth of knowledge
- Ongoing preparation to give you confidence to pass the final assessment
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools and delivery at local venues
Benefits for your school or trust
- A skilful and research-informed leader who can contribute to a cohesive, impact-focussed school leadership team
- Practical capability to get on with the job of developing others with the skills to lead people and teams, creating change and impact
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach leadership in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best outcomes for young people and staff within the organisation
A blend of flexible online learning, online discussion, virtual workshops and face to face workshops, for a few hours study each week over 18 months. This is followed by an assessment window where you will complete a 1500-word case study assessment to demonstrate your understanding of real leadership and change.
Our online modules guide you and your colleagues through understanding and implementing effective approaches to people-powered school improvement.
This completely new Leadership NPQ has an evidence-based curriculum design, connecting you to the latest research and best practice. Our research-rich course covers all of the core content in the government’s Framework for this qualification. It will help you to:
- Create the environment need to ensure effective teaching, curriculum, assessment and culture
- Lead effective professional development, change and implementation
- Manage a school’s systems and processes, working with partners and governors
Funding and Cost
Full scholarship funding, with no cost to the participant, for the NPQ in Senior Leadership is available to all teachers who meet the following criteria:
- are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities
- are employed in state-funded schools, as well as those employed in state-funded organisations that offer 16 to 19 places in England
The course fee is £1,149 for all others – more information here
Start your application
Register your interest in the box provided below
The Teacher Development Trust is an internationally leading charity in the fields of staff development and school improvement through people development. Founded by practising teachers and leaders in 2012, we’ve helped hundreds of schools and leaders to create lasting improvement.
Apply now for our NPQs starting in October 2022:
Find your local partner
Our network of UK and international delivery partners will be happy to support you along your learning journey with exceptional facilitators who have a strong track record of leadership and supporting other leaders.
If you may be interested in becoming a facilitator, please click here.
“The course had a huge impact on my professional life this year […] it reignited my desire to learn in an academic sense”
“The course material is utterly brilliant. Such high quality and carefully crafted. The spirit and ethos of TDT is forefront.”