|For||Teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibility to lead teaching in a subject, year-group, key stage or phase.|
|Study Time||56 hours:|
30hrs online study; three 4-hour in-person sessions; nine 1.5hr virtual sessions
|Programme Start Options||November 2021 or February 2022|
Fully funded for staff employed in one of the 30% of schools in England with the highest levels of pupils on Pupil Premium- more information here
Lead teaching, curriculum and assessment across a team
- Gain a prestigious, government-backed qualification and make progress in your career
- Develop expertise and leadership in the art, craft and science of effective teaching, learning, curriculum and assessment
- Learn flexibly around your job with a blend of online learning, virtual sessions and local face to face workshops
- Ideal for those who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibility to lead teaching in a subject, year-group, key stage or phase.
Benefits for you
Our NPQLT qualification is aligned to the Chartered College of Teaching’s Chartered Teacher and Chartered Leader Status, providing a springboard for your next steps.
Benefits for Participants
- Develop expertise and leadership in the art, craft and science of school improvement through people development, understanding how to lead everything from whole school programmes to specialist areas
- A blended learning experience which fits around your role where you learn and discuss key content online – no more sitting listening to presentations for hours
- Local virtual and face to face sessions that focus on real problem-solving, creating understanding, connecting with your peers and gaining depth of knowledge
- Ongoing preparation to give you confidence to pass the final assessment
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools and delivery at local venues
Benefits for your school or trust
- A skilful and research-informed professional who can lead a team’s improvement in teaching, learning, curriculum and assessment
- Practical capability to get on with the job of developing others with the skills to lead people and teams, creating change and impact
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach leading teaching in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best outcomes for young people and staff within the organisation
A 12-month blend of flexible online learning, online discussion, virtual workshops and face to face workshops. This is followed by a 8-day assessment window where you will complete a 1500-word case study assessment to demonstrate your understanding of real leadership and change.
Our online modules guide you and your colleagues through understanding and implementing effective approaches to people-powered school improvement.
The course covers all of the core content in the government’s Framework for this qualification and this is aligned with core themes around: effective communication, creating change, working with teams, managing yourself. Key areas include:
- Understanding the new, Early Career Framework including effective teaching, how pupils learn and how to implement that within classrooms
- Weaving together curriculum, assessment and adaptive teaching to lead coherent improvement
- Professionally developing others, creating change and supporting school culture
The course fee is £889.
Fully funded for staff employed in one of the 30% of schools in England with the highest levels of pupils on Pupil Premium. Find out more.
The Teacher Development Trust is an internationally leading charity in the fields of staff development and school improvement through people development. Founded by practising teachers and leaders in 2012, we’ve helped hundreds of schools and leaders to create lasting improvement.
Register your interest:
Find your local partner
Our network of UK and international delivery partners will be happy to support you along your learning journey with exceptional facilitators who have a strong track record of leadership and supporting other leaders.
If you may be interested in becoming a facilitator, please click here.
“The course had a huge impact on my professional life this year […] it reignited my desire to learn in an academic sense”