To ensure our participants get the most from their NPQ and that they are supported for the duration of their course, we require them to name an NPQ course sponsor on their application.
An NPQ course sponsor should be the applicant’s direct line manager, usually their head of school or another member of the senior leadership team.
When a member of your staff applies for a place on one of our NPQ courses and names you as their sponsor, you will be asked to:
- Complete a form confirming your support for their application. This will be emailed to you as soon as they have submitted their application form and must be completed and submitted back to the Teacher Development Trust before their application can be considered. You will receive regular automatic reminders if you don’t return this form.
- Sign an electronic NPQ Agreement confirming that you will provide them with the time, cover and resources they need to attend the sessions and complete the course.
When you agree to sponsor someone to complete an NPQ course you are committing to:
- Provide support and time for the Participant to engage with the training course, including release time to attend training events or webinars, including half day face to face sessions.
- Provide support for the Participant to carry out any in school tasks that are required as part of the training course.
- Verifying the identity of the Participant and confirming the Participant’s place of work during the application process.
- Complying with any requests for visits from official organisations connected with the delivery of the qualification, e.g. DFE or Ofsted.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Customer Support Team on 020 3961 6794 or at email@example.com any time if you have any questions.