For teachers wanting to engage in research-informed practice and raise their pupil outcomes.
The TDT collaborative enquiry training is designed to equip teachers to design and implement collaborative enquiry in their school.
Participants will be supported to carry out an enquiry with colleagues over at least two terms. This training provides an opportunity for participants to engage in practitioner research and work with colleagues to critically reflect on practice.
Book this training to:
- improve outcomes for pupils, particularly the most disadvantaged, through effective teacher development
- cultivate a culture of enquiry and critical reflection built on high quality professional conversations
- develop a research informed approach to teaching and learning
- provide opportunities for colleagues to share best practice and develop collective expertise
Who should take part?
This training is aimed at practitioners interested in engaging with educational research and working collaboratively with colleagues to critically reflect on teaching and learning practice. A range of teaching experience is encouraged, this individualised approach to professional development is as powerful for novice and expert teachers.
What will we cover?
- Overview of principles of collaborative enquiry and its place in the wider context of professional development
- Designing and implementing a collaborative enquiry project
- Tools and resources to establish a collaborative enquiry approach in your context
- Evaluating the impact of collaborative enquiry
- Sharing and disseminating enquiry outcomes
TDT Network member schools – £3500*
Non-member schools – £4000*
Who are the course leaders?
The course is led and facilitated by our School Programme Leader, Bethan Hindley and supported by our central team.
Bethan Hindley is Training Programme Lead for Teacher Development Trust. A Teach First Ambassador with experience of both UK and overseas teaching and leadership, she supports the trust as an expert advisor and course content creator. She sits on the CollectivED advisory board and has published in SecEd, Tes, and the Chartered College International Teacher CPD Report.
* TDT will train up to 12 participants in your school