Our work is underpinned by the key principles of effective teacher professional development and learning. Our impact on school improvement, teaching and learning, morale and teacher retention is evidenced in a range of ways
TDT has been privileged to coach, train and facilitate collaboration in and between schools based on the outcomes of Diagnostic Reviews, as a core part of several externally funded and evaluated projects. These include CPD Excellence Hubs as part of the Teaching and Learning Innovation Fund, the Ipswich Opportunity Area Workforce Development Project and Blackpool Research Schools KS3 Literacy Project. You can read about each of these projects in more detail below. Across all three, compelling evidence has emerged to suggest that the TDT approach helps to:
1. Transform CPD Culture: Empowering schools to tailor professional development to their unique needs, boost evaluation, and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
2. Accelerate Capacity Building: Equipping CPD leaders with the skills to spearhead change effectively, while empowering middle leaders to take on greater responsibilities.
3. Spark Meaningful Collaboration: Fostering invaluable networking and shared problem-solving opportunities among schools
4. Facilitate Research-Backed Strategies: Helps schools identify needs, secure funding for proven teaching tactics, and integrate evidence-based approaches for measurable student development.
5. Unleash Evidence-Informed Practice: Provided leaders with expert training, enabling them to make informed decisions and champion research-supported initiatives.
6. Fuel Lasting Improvements: Enhanced teacher efficacy and skills, resulting in significant student gains in key areas.
Voices from our NPQ Participants
NPQ graduates and participants share their experience and the impact of TDT’s NPQ programmes
NPQ for Early Years Leadership
Current NPQEYL participant Amanda Goldsmith, manager at ABC Childcare (Ipswich) Ltd, shares her NPQEYL journey with TDT and our delivery partner Unity TSH
NPQ for Executive Leadership
Current TDT NPQEL participant Emily Walker, Director, LEARN Teaching Centre, shares her experience of TDT’s NPQ qualification so far.
“Staff are very much valuing their engagement with the Teacher Development Trust on the NPQ suite of qualifications. High quality input topromote high quality thinking to support high quality organisations.”
Our Research and Insights
Read about the research that underpins our work and our insights into effective CPD
Sign up to our monthly intelligence briefing for everyone interested in professional learning
Discover our full suite of school development and professional development programmes
Here at TDT, we are excited to be working with schools in the Norwich Priority Area to improve professional development and school culture, in partnership with Julian Teaching School Hub and the DfE. Through Diagnostic Reviews, coaching, and collaboration, we aim to...
Five years on from the publication of Unleashing Great Teaching, co-author David Weston considers the CPD landscape in schools, the growing evidence-base, and some of the practical implications for our work to create thriving school cultures. Five years after we...
Find out more about our entire suite of National Professional Qualifications by watching this Q&A session hosted by TDT Co-CEO, Gareth Conyard with insights from our NPQ team and some of our past and present NPQ participants....
Today, Wednesday 13th September, 2023, we're delighted to announce a new partnership with the Salesforce Foundation to create new tools that use AI to support teacher development. Teacher Development Trust has been selected as one of six organisations by the...
https://vimeo.com/863087217/d48005f62b?share=copy Some key ideas from the vide Expertise involves "projecting" our mental models onto the world and paying attention to where errors from our expectations occur. This projection of hypotheses drives learning by...
PRESS RELEASE EMBARGO: 00:01, Friday 8th September The Dawn of AI in UK Schools: A New Term, A New Challenge As schools across the UK open their doors for the new term, leaders face an unprecedented opportunity and challenge: the rise of Artificial Intelligence...