Coaching is exceptionally powerful for developing and improving practice in educational settings. With school funding becoming increasingly stretched, a coaching culture gives schools the opportunity to build internal capacity to improve culture and practice.
About the webinar
The Teacher Development Trust is proud to present this one-hour webinar that explores the empirical literature on teacher coaching. Hosted by TDT’s Chief Executive David Weston and delivered by international coaching research experts – David Blazar and Matthew Kraft – the webinar offers you the opportunity to further enhance your knowledge about effective coaching and how to implement it.
In this webinar you will:
- Explore the ‘Effect of Teacher Coaching on Instruction and Achievement’ research review– Matthew Kraft and David Blazar
- Learn about coaching models and typical coaching trends within educational settings
- Hear examples of good coaching practice in action from TDT Network schools.
- Access a free practical coaching resource that you can use to develop your practice
About our speakers:
- Matthew Kraft, Associate Professor of Education and Economics at Brown University and Research Affiliate at Harvard University
- David Blazar, Assistant Professor of Education Policy and Economics at University of Maryland
- David Weston, Chief Executive, Teacher Development Trust, and Chair, DfE CPD Expert Group
- Jessica Brosnan, School Programme Manager, Teacher Development Trust
- Dr Shawn Edmonson, CEO, IRIS Connect Inc
The webinar event took place on Tuesday 9th October 2018 between 3:30pm to 4:30pm British Summer Time (GMT+1).
Download our free guide – prompts and questions for use in pedagogical coaching.
About our partner
With 2,300 schools using their system in 24 countries worldwide, IRIS Connect is the market-leader in video-based professional development.
Their professional development platform is built on research and gives you a cost-effective and sustainable way to support professional growth. It provides all of the activities research shows are needed to have a real impact on teaching and learning. These include access to expert CPD resources, lesson capture technology for enhanced self-reflection and lesson observation, and the tools to enable more effective coaching and mentoring.
For the individual teacher, IRIS Connect makes CPD self-directed, contextualised and evidence-based. For school improvement, it enables the development of a culture of trust, openness, and collaboration that leads to more-effective teaching and most importantly, better learning.
Click here to download your free practical guide to video coaching.
Kraft and Blazar’s 2018 article: Taking Teaching Coaching To Scale
Kraft, Blazar and Hogan’s 2018 review: The Effect of Teacher Coaching on Instruction and Achievement: A Meta-Analysis of the Causal Evidence
CIPD resource: Could do better? What works in performance management