Courses and Accreditation
TDT training will support schools and leaders to plan and deliver research-informed CPD for their workforce, with a focus on developing and embedding a culture of professional collaboration, enquiry and high quality communication. At TDT, we are passionate about helping people think about and plan for successful change within schools, which is reflected through all of our training.
TDT has developed training programmes and professional accreditations to support schools further in developing collaborative enquiry, adopting a pedagogical coaching approach for CPD and leadership of CPD.
“96% of schools reported that this course had a tangible impact on the quality of teaching and learning”Our flagship programme for exceptional individuals who want to become local and national champions of leading teacher development. The intensive 6 month course includes critical engagement with research, a visit to another school and an in-school project to evaluate and refine the leadership, culture and process of CPD within your school. This course is for existing and aspiring CPD Leaders interested in unlocking the secrets of how to develop great teaching.
- Learn how to critically appraise research
- Learn about effective timing and structure of CPD.
- How to successfully commission and engage with expertise.
- Create a framework for evaluation of current CPD plans and approaches
- Carry out a school visit to explore practical examples of good practice
- Create a CPD plan for their own setting that will include:
- Fostering an effective culture for teacher learning
- Developing your senior and middle leadership teams
- Creating route maps for career development
- Evaluating the impact of CPD
Apply to join our next cohort of CPD champions here CPD Leadership course
“Although change is something sweeping through my context in so many ways, having a research-informed and well thought through approach to professional learning has provided a useful anchor in turbulent times.”- Assistant Principal in Leicester
“The research disrupted our orthodoxies and challenged us to grow; there was a supportive and collegiate approach with coaching used to help us throughout the course; the leaders of the course were deeply involved with the process because, in their own words, they are ‘CPD geeks’”- Deputy Headteacher in London
“Teachers are now using research to improve their practice and develop strategies to improve pupil outcomes”- Senior leader in Sheffield
TDT and Sheffield Hallam University have developed a programme to support teachers and leaders interested in harnessing the power of Collaborative Enquiry to transform teacher practice and improve pupil learning. The programme is highly developmental and challenging.
- Develop their understanding of the principles of collaborative professional learning
- Be supported to lead and embed teacher enquiry into their practice
- Be provided with practical resources and tools to implement teacher enquiry
- Receive guidance on how to measure and evaluate as enquiry
- Gather evidence to evaluate and disseminate the outcomes of an enquiry
For more information, please contact our School Programme Leader: email@example.com
Pedagogical coaching is a high impact, direct form of professional development. It is an observation and feedback cycle rooted in reflective dialogue in which pedagogical experts work with teachers to set goals to improve their pupil outcomes. TDT will work with a group of staff in your school over a series of sessions to develop coaching skills and implement pedagogical coaching as a model of professional development.
- Be trained in coaching skills and holding effective coaching conversations
- Develop their understanding of the principles of coaching as effective professional development
- Be provided with the resources and tools to embed pedagogical coaching
- Be provided with a framework, knowledge and ongoing support to successfully embed pedagogical coaching in their context.
To book training for your staff, please contact our School Programme Leader firstname.lastname@example.org
“The trainer has a great manner and I already feel I am gaining confidence in my coaching. I noticed improvement in communication with colleagues in my department after just the first session, I would definitely recommend this training”