- Know your staff and your salaries. You’d be surprised by errors in an unchecked payroll
- Know your staff absence rate overall and for groups of staff. Know what the local & national rates are and do something if you are above
- Back Office and Site teams. Can you collaborate? Benchmark; are you efficient?
- Check Impact. Are TAs, Family Workers, Learning Mentors, having desired impact?
- Staffing is your main resource. This is where a small saving is quite a lot of money.
- Then and only then look at other costs (these are at best 25% of your total spend). Look at your big contracts first. Go to the market.
- Don’t assume that big LA contracts will save you money. But do factor in intangibles like time and expertise. These cost.
- And finally make sure there is someone who takes an almost forensic interest in where the money goes. Chase those pennies too!
* These fields are required.