The Additional Support Offer is a 12-month programme which provides targeted support to new headteachers to help you achieve success while early in the role.
You will receive a bespoke programme of support that comprises five hours of one to one coaching with an experienced school leader along with complementary support which can include an online community for support and sharing ideas and guided visits to schools to explore other heads’ leadership on the ground.
The Teacher Development Trust is rooted in our core focus of communication and collaboration, helping you create a culture of improvement in your school where staff thrive and pupils succeed.
Who is eligible for the Additional Support Offer?
To be eligible for the Additional Support Offer you must:
- Be a headteacher in a state school when you begin the training.
- Be within the first two years of your headship when you begin.
- Either have taken the NPQH before beginning your headship, or are currently taking the NPQH
- Have not previously withdrawn from the Additional Support Offer.
Impact and benefit:
- You’ll have a guide to support you as you take your first steps in headship
- You’ll be supported to apply and embed the learning from your NPQH
- You’ll connect with other new heads to share ideas and support
- You’ll have greater impact in your school and achieve your potential as a leader
Start your application here: