We are delighted to welcome Jo Palmer-Tweed to the Teacher Development Trust’s Advisory Board.
Trained at Homerton College, Cambridge, Jo has worked in education for the past 23 years. Her career has included work as an AST and a period working in headship in primary education in the improving schools team. Having worked in initial teacher education for the past eight years in both universities and school-based provision Jo is currently The Course Director of The Thames Primary Consortium, a teacher-training provider, comprising 123 schools across Essex.
Jo is currently seconded to The National College for Teaching and Leadership as an Advisor and is Strategic Lead for the expert subject advisory groups for the new primary curriculum.
As our Advisory Board continues to challenge and shape the nature of our work, Jo is a highly welcomed, influential addition. The panel consists of:
- Juliet Brookes, Senior Manager, Research & Development Networks at the National College.
- Professor Rob Coe, Professor in the School of Education and Director of the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM).
- Philippa Cordingley, Chief Executive, Centre for the Use of Research and Evidence in Education (CUREE).
- Professor Pete Dudley, Associate Director of Children’s Services in the London Borough of Camden and Professor of Education, University of Leicester. Formerly Director of the National Primary Strategy.
- Liz Francis, Deputy Director, Performance Unit, Department for Education. Formerly director of workforce strategy, standards and qualifications at TDA.
- Laura McInerney, Fulbright Scholar, journalist, author, former teacher and consultant at LKMco.
- Dr. Jonathan Sharples, Manager of Partnerships at the Institute of Effective Education, currently seconded to the Education Endowment Foundation.